Friday, May 13, 2016

Captain America: Civil War (2016)

- my favorite of the Cap films; right up there with the first Avengers movie
- great mix of action, humor, and character development
- enjoyed all the fight scenes although I wish they didn't speed them up quite so much
- I thought the opening was in Wakanda and so I was a bit disappointed when Black Panther didn't show up until a little after that was over
- there's a moment in the part when they are chasing Bucky that he grabs a guy's motorcycle as he is going past that was very cool
- Spider-Man was great; I forgot he was in the movie and when Tony Stark went to recruit him I ws confused at first
- Ant-Man was also a lot of fun; and funny

- I have a few nitpicks
- Black Panther seemed a bit like the mystical black person, a lot of the character seemed to be in the tone of voice and the accent the character was using
- the escape at the end was all off camera, WTF?!
- there was a bit of bait and switch with the super-soldiers at the end; it looked like Cap and Bucky were headed for a big fight but Zemo had killed them before they arrived; although I was a bit relieved because I worried that it would be a fight with basically no-name, no-stake baddies

- I didn't think the movie was too long; it needed the character moments in the third act between Tony, Steve, Bucky, and T'Challa
- Don Cheadle wasn't in this movie very much; quite often you just heard his voice because he was in the armor; there was more than one time when both he and Tony were in armor and Tony took his helmet off but Jim did not

No comments:

Post a Comment