Wednesday, July 6, 2016

11.22.63 1.02

The Kill Floor

- Jake takes a side trip which began in the previous episode; his plan is to prevent the murder of Harry's mother and siblings by Harry's father
- Jake goes about it in a hamfisted way; he doesn't seem to have a plan; he meets Frank, Harry's father, who is a very violent man; he tries talking to Frank but doesn't get very far; it is pretty obvious that he is completely unprepared for this task; if anything he just seems to get Frank riled up
- In the end he murders Frank to prevent Frank from murdering most of his family
- then there's a twist at the end where the bartender at a local watering hole finds one of Harry's newspaper clippings about JFK's assassination and confronts him about it

- this episode felt a bit like a Twilight Zone episode but not that much; my biggest problem with it is the way James Franco seems determined to prevent the murders of Jake's mother and siblings but doesn't seem very emotionally invested in his task
- it felt as if the plot was supposed to satisfy because there really weren't any good character moments even though there was definitely potential there; there was build up but then the plot just moved on without any real change in Jake's personality or insights into what he is feeling

- I wish I liked this show more; it feels a bit forced and artificial; it doesn't move me
- I was drawn in by the alternate history and time travel aspects of the story but there isn't enough of that or anything else to satisfy me
- even though there are just 6 more episodes I think I've seen enough; I don't want to watch any more
- I wonder if the book (by Stephen King) is any better

No comments:

Post a Comment