Monday, July 11, 2016

Casual 2.04

Big Green Egg

- Laura hangs out with Aubrey
- Valerie goes to a game night hosted by Jennifer, has fun and is a big hit
- Alex hosts a barbecue for his business partner and the three partners at the VC firm; things go south quickly when one of the VC partners shows up with a date, who is one of Alex's ex-girlfriends; it didn't end well between Alex and this ex which makes Alex uneasy for the rest of the night

- I didn't care for the way Alex responded to the security guard; the guard was just doing his job but Alex wasn't in the mood to play by the rules even though in the end he did; I think Alex has issues that haven't been revealed yet or maybe that have but are currently lurking below the surface; it is just a matter of time (hopefully) before things come to a head for him
- I guess the title refers to the grill that Alex purchases; its a silly kind of title since the grill doesn't play a significant role, which makes me wonder if it was paid-for product placement
- lots of character work without a lot of plot development; I approve
- not a great episode but it is a solidly good one in my book and it is the sort that makes me curious to see how things unfold from here

No comments:

Post a Comment