Friday, July 1, 2016

Daredevil 2.13

A Cold Day in Hell's Kitchen

- Season Finale
- disappointing; it felt like they crammed too much into this single episode
- there were some "happy" coincidences at or towards the end (1 - Frank/Punisher showing up to help out, 2 - Stick showing up to take down Nobu) that just seemed a little too convenient for me
- Matt's insistence that Black Sky is a myth grated on my nerves (as it has in previous episodes) and his profession of love for Elektra just before they go out on the roof top to fight the Hand made me groan and roll my eyes (it seemed forced)
- it felt like they were fast forwarding through a number of things
- still pissed about the fact that they killed off Ben Urich in Season 1, he was a pivotal character and a great actor was playing the part
- I don't have a problem with the dircetion they have Karen headed in but it really isn't impressing me either
- the editor at the Bulletin is a poor substitute for Ben Urich
- I like how they had twin story lines througout this season (1) Punisher (2) Elektra but there was much stumbling along the way
- on the whole this season had its moments but it started slowly and ended badly, and it isn't so much the content as how it was told in a very rushed way; overall C+ but the ending is more like a D+

No comments:

Post a Comment