Thursday, July 14, 2016

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt 2.01

Kimmy Goes Roller Skating

- first a few thoughts about season 1
- loved it for the most part, mostly for the culture shock aspect of the show
- as much as I loved many things about the last couple episodes and the trial in Kimmy's hometown I thought it was weird that they seemed to abandon (temporarily?) the cornerstone of the show (NYC) in the season finale
- Jon Hamm = great; didn't realize he could be so funny

- not wowed by the season 2 opener, it didn't grab me like the season 1 opener did; no big laughs for me; undecided as to whether to continue watching or not
- at least the show is back in NYC, for the most part
- Jackie is still with her parents, I can't remember exactly where they live
- Kimmy goes roller skating with Lillian and Lillian's date and Dong, who is now married; Kimmy and Dong are still attracted to one another; there's a little bit of smooching and guilt afterwards
- this episode is probably, hopefully setting things up but it is hard for me to see where it is going from here; maybe she and Dong will be back together again by the end of the season or at least closer to being back together
- I wonder if this show is morphing from comedy to dramedy

No comments:

Post a Comment