Sunday, July 10, 2016

UnREAL 1.02

Relapse

- Rachel has to convince Anna (one of the contestants) to return to Everlasting (the show) after her father has died; this didn't seem to carry as much emotional weight as I thought it would or should; maybe that's because Rachel's mind was elsewhere, specifically on her laptop that her ex-roommate was threatening to sell on Craig's List
- Quinn has to put up with learning that Chet's wife is pregnant; it looks like I was right about their relationship being more complicated than it initially seemed to be to my eyes
- for the most part the episode revolves around turning one of the remaining contestants into the show's villain; Quinn had a villain picked out in episode 1 but Rachel talked Adam into not asking her to stay on the show; there's lots of manipulation by the show's crew to egg contestants into doing something over the top with varying degrees of success

- I'm not sure what I was expecting out of this episode; I kept hoping it would grab me like the first one did but for the most part it didn't; I wasn't overwhelmingly disappointed, I just wasn't wowed
- there were some laughs in this episode but nothing that caught me by surprise; I think I was ready and hoping for more than I got

****

- I have to wonder about Rachel's actions towards the end of the episode; she had the time to prevent the sex tape of her and her ex from getting sent to the rest of the crew but she didn't work very hard to prevent it from happening; did she let it happen, on purpose? I think she might have; there will probably be consequences; Is she trying to ruin her ex's current relationship? possibly; does she want him back? not so sure about that, I think Rachel enjoys having power over him and this is one way for her to influence his current relationship with his fiancee

No comments:

Post a Comment