Friday, October 28, 2016

Across the Universe (2007)

- tried watching this once before a few years ago  and probably didn't get more than a half hour into it before giving up; I wish I could say that I was wrong for giving up so quickly but I still was less than impressed with the movie on the whole
- the good parts are some of the musical numbers, but the ones that I really liked probably account for 20-25 percent of the total number; there was the occasional innovative moment or performance but for the most part I was unimpressed
- the story left a lot to be desired; it felt very choppy and episodic; I didn't feel particularly attactched to or interested in what happened to any of the characters
- I'm glad that I finally sat down and watched the whole movie; it probably took me about 6-8 sittings to get through it all; I was a fan of the Beatles music when I was growing up; I only had two of their albums (both on cassette) which I bought around 1980: Revolver and the Blue Album; I listened to them religiously for years; there were a number of songs from those albums in the movie plus some others that weren't but that I was familiar with and a few that I didn't know at all; I can't see myself watching this movie again in its entirety but I might go back and watch clips of some of the performances that I did like

No comments:

Post a Comment