Thursday, October 13, 2016

Flash 1.02

Fastest Man Alive

- Barry starts experiencing fainting spells after using his super speed; after some analysis by the scientists at STAR Labs it becomes clear that he needs to considerably more in order to compensate for the energy he expends when he uses his super power
- Iris confronts Barry about what he is hiding from her; he manages to evade the question throughout the episode but I've got a feeling that eventually she is going to learn his secret; I'm also pretty sure that Eddie, her current boyfriend is going to turn out to be or become a super-villain; it is obvious that Barry has a major crush on Iris and can't bring himself to say anything; I assume that eventually that's going to change; at the very least I don't expect her to stay with Eddie after he is revealed to be a super-villain
- Detective West is the only person outside of STAR Labs who knows Barry's secret; at first he questions Barry's decision to become a crime fighter; later he acknowledges the need for Barry to use his abilities to fight crime and agrees to help Barry solve the mystery of who really killed his mother; the scenes with Barry and Detective West were all excellent; Detective West is probably my favorite character on the show right now
- Multiplex, the super-villain of this episode, is one I remember vaguely from the comic books; he has the ability to many multiple copies of himself; he tries to murder his former employer, Simon Stagg, but is stopped by the Flash; I have my doubts as to whether Multiplex is really dead; maybe the body was just one of his duplicates
- there is a reference to Ronnie Raymond (Firestorm) and his death in an explosion
- Simon Stagg and Java are a couple more characters from the comic books, who I believe originally appeared in stories of Metamorpho; Rex Mason was the boyfriend of Stagg's daughter, Sapphire, before he was turned into Metamorpho
- I'm not so crazy about the flashback scenes; they help to color things in a little bit but they also felt a bit unnecessary
- overall a really good episode; I love how they are pulling things in from the comic books and also changing the things they pull in; on the whole, so far I have no real complaints or misgivings about the show and the way they are handing the material

No comments:

Post a Comment