Friday, October 14, 2016

Luke Cage 1.03

Who's Gonna Take the Weight?

- as this season (and I use the term lightly because season isn't the right word to describe a show that drops 13 episodes on the same day) unfolds, as the story unfolds it seems to be revolving around three characters: Luke Cage, Misty Knight, and Cottonmouth; I'm enjoying watching them evolve although Misty Knight is the one that I find the most interesting; she seems to be caught somewhere in the middle unlike Cage and Cottonmouth
- Luke decides to hit Cottonmouth where it will hurt him the most, in his wallet
- Misty first suspects that Cage is behind the killing of Pops because of his proximity to Pops and Cottonmouth; later, after Luke busts up Crispus Attucks and leaves most of the money behind, she suspects he is responsible for that too; slowly she starts to come around to the idea that maybe Luke is a good guy
- Cottonmouth has a lot on his hands; first some of his boys get hit; then he gets a not so friendly visit from Domingo; then everything really take a turn for the worst after his big stash at Crispus Attucks gets hit; when he gets the news that Cage is behind it all he takes some drastic measures that I wasn't expecting
- the critical scene with Detective Scarfe and Chico is the only scene that I can think of that doesn't involve one of the three mentioned above; I wasn't surprised by what happened to Chico, but I was a bit stunned by the way it happened
- the very last scene also left me a bit stunned; I was expecting something but not that something and not something that extreme

- once again the music was great
- not as crazy about this episode as I was the last one but I'm still hungry for more

No comments:

Post a Comment