Saturday, October 1, 2016

Mulholland Drive (2001)

- this is the second time I watched the movie and it was just as weird this time around as it was the first time; I decided to give it another try because I enjoyed watching Twin Peaks all the way through a few years back and because they covered it recently on the Bald Movies podcast
- I'm still not sure what it was all about; it kind of made sense for the first two hours but after they open that box it is like they've entered a parallel universe; this part might explain what happened to the original Diane Selwyn but it doesn't make sense to me
- definitely not everyone's cup of tea; it has it's moments but on the whole it is a head scratcher

- when I looked up the movie on IMDB earlier today I ran across something that gave me the impression that this was originally supposed to be a pilot for a television program; considering all the elements that were introduced it probably would have made more sense as the opening chapter of a tv show than as a stand alone movie

No comments:

Post a Comment