Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Sing Street (2016)

- Conor, a 15-year-old boy living in Dublin, forms a band after trying to impress Raphina, a girl he meets, by telling her he has one; the band goes through a number of looks and musical styles; they make videos with Raphina; Conor gets bullied at school by the headmaster and the school bully; Conor's parents marriage is on the rocks; he has a lot going on in his life
- at times this movie was a bit too "feel good" for me but for the most part I really liked it; there was a good mix of humor and drama; the music was integral to the movie, it was the glue that kept the film together; if not for the music I doubt I would have liked it as much as I did
- I like how they didn't try to explain everything in the movie especially because some of the leaps happened way too fast

No comments:

Post a Comment