Friday, April 1, 2016

Daredevil 2.03

New York's Finest

- best episode yet and a big improvement over the previous two
- even before the big fight at the end I really got into this episode
- similar to the season as a whole, this episode started kind of slow, I wasn't too crazy about the way the rooftop scene began but as it evolved I became more and more intrigued by it as Daredevil and the Punisher debated the morality of killing bad guys
- I also dug the scene in the hospital where Foggy talks the two gang members into not fighting; I don't know how realistic it was but I thought it was well done
- Claire makes a reference to Luke Cage and her role in the Jessica Jones series
- the fight scene at the end was over the top awesome; loved how it was filmed; like the scene from the end of episode 1.02 it was intense fighting filmed in a way that gave the viewer no chance to catch their breath
- in the rooftop debate scene I was torn between Punisher and Daredevil; Daredevil's arguments weren't very persuasive
- liked/loved the nods to the Marine Corps although as I understand it Punisher's ties to the Marine Corps only date back to the Born mini-series
- there were a few moments early in the episode when Charlie Cox sounded non-American
- I hope Murray shows up again
- I never was very fond of the notion of Nelso & Murdock taking on Grotto as a client

No comments:

Post a Comment