Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Master of None 1.02

Parents

Dev and his friend Brian don't understand their parents. They commiserate over the fact that they don't understand their parents and that their parents aren't supportive of their successes. They decide to take their parents out to dinner, hoping to get them to tell some stories. The meals starts off somber but by the end of the meal everyone had such a good time that their parents want to do it again the next night.

I liked this episode a lot more than the last one. Having said that I still don't like Dev all that much. He seemed to spend a lot of his time complaining about his parents in this episode. Maybe this is the creators holding a mirror up to society. Maybe I'm supposed to be somewhat critical of him. Maybe he will evolve and become more likable by the end of the season. I think I will continue to watch but I still don't love the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment