Monday, August 7, 2017

Master of None 1.10

Finale

Dev starts having second thoughts about his life with Rachel after they go to a wedding. He tries to keep it from her but he can't and once they start talking about it things go from bad to worse. It probably didn't help that he was cut from the final cut of the movie he was supposed to be in, The Sickening. Rachel is affected by Dev's insecurity and decides to move to Tokyo. Dev decides a change is in order for himself and decides to move to Italy, to learn how to make pasta.

The way the end is played it looks like they were trying to make it look like Dev was catching a flight to Tokyo. I knew that the second season is set in Italy so I guess that part of the season finale was ruined for me.

On the whole this is not my favorite episode or series. I think I've mentioned this more than once but I'm not a big fan of Dev. He seems a little too caught up in pursuits that make me roll my eyes. In this episode he spent 45 minutes trying to decide where to eat because he wanted to make sure it was the best taco place. I had no sympathy for him when the food truck he selected was out of food by the time he got there.

When this show is good it isn't so much the main character that made it good as much as it was the scenario or situation he is dropped into. I don't think I will be watching the second season of this show. Like Rachel I think it is time for me to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment