Friday, February 9, 2018

Gilbert (2017)

I'm not a fan of Gilbert Gottfried's comedy. Sometimes he makes me laugh. In all fairness I am not a fan of most stand-up comedy. I listen to Gilbert's podcast: Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast, on a weekly basis. He and his co-host talk about movies more than they do comedy. They talked about this movie, which is about Gilbert's life, on the podcast.

The movie feels very disjointed. Some of it was interesting but for the most part I didn't feel as if I got very much from it. It covers a number of topics in Gilbert's life, including his marriage and his career in comedy. It was a bit of a chore to get through it. It felt more like a homework assignment than fun and entertainment. I think I might have laughed a few times but not consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment