Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Professor Marston and the Wonder Women (2017)

This is a biographical picture about William Moulton Marston, the creator of Wonder Woman, and the two women in his life, Elizabeth (his wife) and Olive (their lover). It is more about the two women than it is about him but he does play an important role in the movie. The movie seems to put forth that Elizabeth and Olive weren't just the women in his life but also co-creators of Wonder Woman.

One thing that surprised me or maybe just reflects on the budget of the film is that even though the movie spans about 20 years and both women give birth a couple times the three leads characters don't seem to age one bit. Hairstyles and clothes change a bit but from what I could see that's about it.

I wasn't crazy about this movie but it has its moments. My biggest problem with the movie is that it is too melodramatic. I wish that it had been a little more down to earth. I wasn't crazy about the actor who plays Professor Marston. There didn't seem to be any subtlety to his character. The actors who play Elizabeth and Olive are much more to my liking. I didn't love them in every scene but at least their relationship and their characters seemed a little more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment