Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Atlanta 1.07

B.A.N.

Paper Boi appears on Montague, a Black American Network television program. Earn talked him into it. He gets backed into a corner by the host and the other guest on the show who ask him about the trans-phobic lyrics in one of his songs. There is also a piece on Montague about Antoine who was born black but who now identifies as white.

There are fake commercials which add some flavor to the episode. Earn, Darius, and Van do not appear in this episode. I found some of this episode amusing and some of it on point. I also felt like I might be missing some points because Montague and the commercials felt like they were supposed to be a spoof of something that I don't or haven't watched.

This episode might have repercussions down the line but at this point it felt a little like a detour and disconnected from the direction the show has been headed in up to this point. It felt like a one-off and social commentary. There's nothing wrong with that but it didn't hit home with me which may be why I like it, rather than love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment