Sunday, November 4, 2018

Casual 4.01

Carrie

Years have passed since the end of season 3. This episode seems to be mostly about catching up, which isn't unusual for a season opener, and setting the scene for the final 7 episodes.

Valerie is having weird dreams. She doesn't seem to be in a relationship. She's anxious about something.

Alex has shaved his beard. He and Rae have a child now, Carrie. They are all living together but Alex and Rae are dating other people. It's a little weird. Alex can't seem to enjoy himself. Alex decides to assemble an earthquake survival kit. At the end of the episode he is angry at Rae for bringing her boyfriend home with her.

Laura comes back to visit. The impression I got is that she has been gone for a long time. How long? Not clear. She is is dating Tathiana, a woman who is around her age. She seems happy but seems to have settled down a bit, unlike her girlfriend.

Leon and Leia are still happily married. He gets upset when a package arrives from his mother, without the Battenburg cake that she sent.

The episode opens and closes with Valerie alone. It is good but not great. I don't love it but I think I will watch some more. It has been over a year since I watched season 3, and more than a couple months since season 4 dropped. I like the cast but the show doesn't always satisfy me enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment