Sunday, December 2, 2018

Delirious (1991)

Starring John Candy, Mariel Hemingway, Emma Sams
Directed by Lawrence J. Cohen, Fred Freeman

Jack Gable (Candy) is a writer for a popular soap opera. He gets knocked in the head and wakes up in the world of the soap opera. He discovers that his typewriter is magical. Anything he types happens. The plot gets fairly convoluted beyond that description. I don't feel like going into all the twists and turns.

I thought some of the gags were fun. I liked the weird plot twists. The movie brought some smiles to my face but on the whole I can't see myself recommending it to most people. It is a bit of a hot mess that feels like it was slapped together either by committee or too quickly.

I'm pretty sure I saw this movie but I can't remember exactly where or when. I doubt that I saw it in the theater when it was first released.

No comments:

Post a Comment