Saturday, December 29, 2018

Duckman 1.01

I, Duckman

Duckman is under attack. Someone is trying to kill him, with explosives. He has a hunch about who it might be but then that person gets bumped off by an explosive package. Duckman watches old home movies hoping to find a clue as to who it might be that wants him dead. The visuals of the old home movies are patterned after other cartoons: Steamboat Willie, Popeye, Yogi Bear, the Simpsons. In the end it turns out to be a case of mistaken identity. The bomber had the wrong guy. The episode ends on a sentimental note as Duckman shares a moment with Ajax, his eldest son.

I used to watch Duckman about 25 years ago when it first aired in the mid to late 90s. I don't remember this particular episode. I wasn't terribly impressed by it. I think part of the draw for me (back then) was how irreverent it was. I think it was also getting to hear Jason Alexander do something different.

This episode was dedicated to the memory of Frank Zappa whose son does the voice of Ajax, one of Duckman's sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment