Saturday, April 6, 2019

Us (2019)

starring Lupita Nyong'o, Winston Duke, Shahadi Wright Joseph, Evan Alex
written and directed by Jordan Peele

Adelaide Wilson and her family are on vacation when they get an unexpected visit from a family that looks just like them. It gets weirder, much weirder. I'm not sure that everything was fully resolved to my satisfaction but it was a wild ride. There are some twists in the tale that I wasn't expecting and that weren't spoiled by reviews I had heard. It kept me guessing and asking myself questions right up to the very end.

I thought that the direction and all of the performances were great. I like the score by Michael Abels and the other songs included in the movie. It all seemed very appropriate and added to the movie rather that distract from it.

I had little to nothing spoiled about this movie before I saw it. The first sentence of the first paragraph above is basically all I knew going in.

I will probably want to see this again at some point in the future, just to see how it holds up to repeat viewings. I feel fairly confident that it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment