Friday, June 30, 2017

GLOW 1.02

Slouch. Submit.

Sam lures Debbie back to the ring. She wasn't interested in coming but he convinces her to give it a chance. She sits on the sidelines and watches while Sam has Ruth and Melanie act out a skit. He has Ruth play the part of the Homewrecker. He might think it is a good part but it seems to me that he is doing it in part to placate Debbie.

Ruth doesn't like being the villain. She wants people to be liked, not hated. She can't grok that the villains get the best lines, as Sam tells her toward the end of the episode.

None of the characters get backstory spotlights like on Orange Is the New Black but there is a little more revealed about Melanie and Cherry. Melanie drives a limo, which I assume is a paying gig and not just her car but there is no evidence, so far, to back up my assumption.

Cherry once had a threesome, years ago, with Sam and her husband, Keith. She also had a miscarriage a few years ago. Melanie overhears Sam and Cherry talking about it and shares this information with everyone.

So far the group has yet to do more than just practice. I'm starting to wonder if they are going to get to a real match before the end of the season.

It looks like I was wrong about Maron only being in two episodes. Now IMDB has him listed as being in all 10 episodes.

So far I'm liking but not loving this show. I like what I'm seeing but I wish that there were more character moments. I guess the show is growing. Hopefully one day it will be a show that I love. Before that day comes the characters need to become a little more three dimensional.

No comments:

Post a Comment