Saturday, October 29, 2016

Frasier 1.01

The Good Son (Pilot)

- sets the scene for the series and for the first season
- Frasier has moved from Boston to Seattle, his hometown; he anticipates living a solitary life but that dream quickly dies; all of the supporting cast (Roz, Niles, Martin, Dafney) are introduced, each in their own little scene
- it is a bit rushed but it works; there were some genuinely funny scenes but there were also some that were filled with canned laughter that were not quite so funny

- I loved watching this show when it first aired back in the 1990s although I don't think I stuck with it for more than the first 2-3 years; I love how the humor varies from high brow to low brow
- it was listening to Iliza Shlesinger's podcast conversations with Jane Leeves and Peri Gilpin that reminded me of how much I enjoyed watching this show 20 years ago and made me think I should give it another try

No comments:

Post a Comment