Sunday, January 24, 2016

Legends of Tomorrow 1.01

Pilot - Part 1

- Rip Hunter recruits superpowered heroes (Atom, Firestorm, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, White Canary) and villains (Captain Cold, Heat Wave) to help him defeat Vandal Savage in the year 2166
- Vandal Savage is responsible for the deaths of Hunter's wife and child
- some of the recruits are reluctant at first
- their first stop after 2016 is 1975 where they meet Aldus Boardman, who's the child of Kendra and Carter in a former life; they hope to get a fix on where to find Vandal Savage from Boardman
- Captain Cold, Heat Wave, and White Canary get into a bar fight while the others are visiting with Boardman
- Chronos, a temporal bounty hunter, shows up and attacks them
- good in a goofy way, sort of like arrow; good not great
- I'm only really familiar with 2 of the actors; (1) Arthur Darvill (Rip Hunter) from Dr. Who from a run of episodes that I didn't care for playing a character that I really didn't like; he's better in this but like the show he is a bit silly; (2) Victor Garber (Dr. Martin Stein) from Alias where he played a much tougher character, Jack Bristow who I kind of like; it is weird seeing him play a much nerdier character
- I want to continue watching; the weird thing is that there are 2+ seasons of Arrow and 1+ seasons of Flash that precede this show that I haven't seen; all of these characters (except Rip Hunter) showed up at least once on one or both of these shows; if I stick with Legends of Tomorrow and there is a crossover then I think I will have to watch those episodes of Arrow or Flash but otherwise I will just stick with watching them in the regular order

No comments:

Post a Comment