Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Samurai Jack 5.07

XCVIII

Jack returns to the high mountain top where he lost his sword. He remembers how Aku destroyed the last portal to the past and how he tricked Jack into killing three harmless creatures.

Jack and Ashi get to the place thanks to a giant bird. They search for the sword but it is nowhere to be found. Jack meditates. Ashi waits. An army of orcs arrives ready to kill Jack. Ashi protects him. She kills the orcs and then has to fight her mother whom she also kills.

Jack experiences a mystical dream while he meditates. He makes tea. He finds balance. He is visited by the three gods who gave his father the magic sword in 3.11 (Birth of Evil). They zap him, just like they zapped his father, and his sword is returned to him.

Thoughts

The opening felt like an episode from one of the first 4 seasons. I love the shifts back and forth between Jack's peaceful journey and Ashi's battle with the orcs. I'm not sure that they are really orcs but that's what they looked like to me.

This was good, very good. I wish I enjoyed more of the episodes of this season as much as I did this one. I wonder if I will enjoy this show more if I come back and watch it again, knowing what I know now.

No comments:

Post a Comment