Monday, March 14, 2022

Doctor Who (1963) 6.05.06

The Seeds of Death - Episode Six

The Doctor bangs on the locked door to the weather station. Jamie and Zoe want to help him but they also have to avoid the Ice Warrior. Jamie distracts the Ice Warrior and Zoe unlocks the door for the Doctor

Some guards show up to deal with the Ice Warrior but their guns are ineffective against it. They wind up running away. The Doctor, Jamie, and Zoe rig together a weapon to deal with the Ice Warrior. The Doctor uses it to kill the Ice Warrior.

Miss Kelly puts together a satellite that send out a signal to pull the incoming invasion fleet off course. They launch it into orbit. The Doctor uses T-Mat to return to the moon. He kills another Ice Warrior. He turns down the volume on the Ice Warriors signaling device but then he is captured by the last two Ice Warriors.

Jamie uses T-Mat to travel to the moon and helps the Doctor deal with the last two Ice Warriors. The Ice Warrior invasion fleet gets drawn off course and into an orbit that will pull them close to the sun.

Thoughts

That's it for Seeds of Death. On the whole I wasn't terribly impressed. I'm glad I got to see it and I plan to watch it again with the commentary track turned on but I'm not sure I will watch it again after that.

I was a bit surprised that the Doctor did not show any hesitation when it came to killing Ice Warriors. 

It is fun to watch some of these really old stories but I don't plan to watch too many more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment