Saturday, March 12, 2022

The Batman (2022)

starring Robert Pattinson, Zoe Kravitz, Colin Farrell, Jeffrey Wright
directed by Matt Reeves

Batman (Robert Pattinson) works with police officer James Gordon (Jeffery Wright) to figure out who killed the mayor, the police commissioner, and the district attorney of Gotham City. Batman crosses paths Selina Kyle (Zoe Kravitz), a burglar who is investigating the death of her friend. He also crosses paths with the Penguin (Colin Farrell), an enforcer for mob boss Carmine Falcone (John Turturro). He convinces Kyle to help him infiltrate the mob's most important nightclub. Batman receives clues throughout the movie from the killer who is eventually revealed to be the leader of a gang that has even bigger plans.

Thoughts

I like the look and feel of this movie. I like many of the performances in this movie. I'm not crazy about the last 45 minutes or so of the movie. I like the way the storyline with Falcone was wrapped up. I'm don't like the ending to the story with the Riddler. There had to be some sort of a bow put on the search for the killer but I didn't care for the one that they chose to use. It felt like it just petered out, like they are saving something for the next movie. I am not a fan of that choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment