Friday, July 13, 2018

Atlanta 1.09

Juneteenth

Van drags Earn to a party thrown by Monique, Van's friend, and Craig, her white husband. It is a Juneteenth party Earn doesn't want to be there. He deals with it in a number of ways. At first he won't play along, then he does, then Van starts losing interest in being there.

This one had a very twilight zone feel to it. At first I wanted to say that it reminded me of Get Out but I think Twilight Zone is the comparison I prefer to make. It is like Earn and Van have crossed a line into a world that is unlike anything else that's been shown on the show up to this point.

There were a few good laughs and lots more moments that brought a smile to my face. Atlanta would be a very diffent show if every episode was like this one but I'm glad they chose to make this one the way they did. It even has a few serious moments that hit home.

No comments:

Post a Comment