Friday, December 14, 2018

Luke Cage 2.10

The Main Ingredient

Danny shows at Pop's Barber Shop. He and Luke hang out and then go looking for Bushmaster. They pay a visit to Turk along the way. They find him running an underground shop selling drug paraphernalia. He tells them enough to find one of Bushmaster's grow houses, where he had his people working on growing Nightshade. They beat up his people and then burn it to the ground.

Misty tracks down Nonny, after finding solid evidence that links her to Bushmaster. They catch up to her just as she is about to catch a flight. Nonny puts up a fight but Misty is a little too much for her.

Mariah gets some revenge on Bushmaster's kin. She has Anansi, his uncle, and tries talking him into giving up his nephew but he won't. The episode ends with Mariah and her gang shooting up Anansi's restaurant. After killing everyone in the joint, including his wife, she douses him in rum and sets him on fire. Shades is shaken by how Mariah chooses to kill Anansi. I'm not sure how that will play out in the remaining episodes. Sugar wasn't there for the massacre in the Jamaican restaurant. He was disturbed enough by the way Anansi was treated up to that point and left while they were on their way to the restaurant.

I heard recently that this season, which is the last season of the show, leaves some things unresolved. I'm left wondering what will and will not get wrapped up.

This is not my favorite episode by a long shot. I thought it started very weak. My opinion of the episode improved dramatically as it progressed. The parts with Luke and Danny were the weakest. I don't have any strong ties to the Power Man and Iron Fist comic books of the 1970s and 1980s. I never read it. I'm not sure exactly what Iron Fist was like in that series but I don't like this Iron Fist. He's a little too hip for my tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment