Saturday, December 29, 2018

Iron Man 2 (2010)

Starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Sam Rockwell, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Mickey, Rourke
Directed by Jon Favreau

Tony Stark (Downey Jr.) and company are back for the second Iron Man movie in what eventually became known as the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Tony's solution for his heart problems is starting to fail him. Ivan Vanko (Rourke), a villain whose father was done wrong by Howard Stark (John Slattery), Tony's father, comes looking for revenge. Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. continue to try talking Tony into working with them. Col. James Rhodes (Cheadle), takes one of the suits that Tony has designed and turns it over to US Government.

Natasha Romanoff (Johansson), an agent of SHIELD, enters the picture. Tony is overwhelmed and hands over control of Stark Enterprises to Pepper Potts (Paltrow). Justin Hammer (Rockwell), one of Tony's business rivals, makes everything worse for Tony by trying to recruit Vanko.

I first saw this movie in the theater. I think this might be just the second time I have watched it but it is possible that I watched it on Netflix or some other service since I first saw in the theater, 8 years ago.

It is a little busy and isn't as simple or straight forward as the first Iron Man movie was but I like this movie, almost as much as the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment