Wednesday, October 17, 2018

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (1963)

Starring Spencer Tracy, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Buddy Hackett, Ethel Merman, Mickey Rooney, Dick Shawn, Phil Silvers, Terry Thomas, Jonathan Winters, Edie Adams, Dorothy Provine
Directed by Stanley Kramer

A man is running from the police. He crashes his car. He's mortally wounded but before he dies he tells the eight people who get to him (before the police) about the stolen money he hid.

Rather than tell the police about what the dead man said they lie to the police. After they leave they each start to make a bee line for the money. They pick up a few additional people along the way. They don't realize it but the police have them all under surveillance.

This was Cannonball Run before Cannonball Run, kind of, sort of. I saw this movie several times on TV when I was much, much younger. I always enjoyed it. I can't remember the last time I saw it but I'm pretty sure it has been at least 20, maybe 30, years since I watched the whole movie. It may be the first time I've watched this movie without commercial interruptions.

Lots of fun, even now. It holds up to my memory of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment