Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Scott Pilgrim vs the World (2010)

Starring Michael Cera, Kieran Culkin, Anna Kendrick, Allison Pill, Aubrey Plaza, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ellen Wong
Directed by Edgar Wright

Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera) is dating Knives Chau (Ellen Wong) when he sees Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead). He loses interest in Knives and starts dating Ramona but Knives isn't ready to give up on him just yet. Scott is forced to fight Ramona's evil exes and deal with Knives and another ex-girlfriend of his who is now dating one of Ramona's evil exes. Scott is in a band, Sex Bob-omb, that is taking part in the local Battle of the Bands competition.

This was my second time watching Scott Pilgrim vs the World. I watched it on Netflix, which is how I saw it the first time. Both times it was a lot of fun to watch. It is over the top fun. I'm not big into computer games but I'm also not completely oblivious to classic video games. I didn't feel as if I missed much of anything. The special effects were great.

I didn't get the Young Neil joke first time I watched the movie. I had to think about it for a few minutes but I finally got it this time around.

There are a number of well known actors in this movie: Anna Kendrick, Jason Schwartzman, Aubrey Plaza, Chris Evans, Brandon Routh, to name a few. I didn't know who Ellen Wong was the first time I saw this movie but she is now a member of the cast of GLOW. I had probably seen Mary Elizabeth Winstead in Deathproof before this came out but she's also in Season 3 of Fargo.

I've never read the comic book but I'm interested in giving it a try now. I don't recall if I felt the same after the first time I watched the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment