Monday, May 16, 2022

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power 5.13

Heart - Part 2

Glimmer fights with Micah, her father. He is too strong for her at first. It isn't until he mentions her mother that she finds the strength to stop him. Bow fights to complete the work that Entrapta was doing when she was beamed aboard Horde Prime's flagship. Scorpia is still chipped and fights to keep him from doing so. Bow finally completes the program and everyone who was chippped, including Scorpia, is freed.

Shadow Weaver sacrifices herself to save Catra and Adora. She puts up a force field to prevent them from interfering with what she is doing. They head to the Heart of Etheria once she is gone. Horde Prime gets angry when he sees that everyone has been freed from his control. He orders Hordak to kill Entrapta. Hordak shoots Horde Prime. It seems like the say is saved but then it become clear that Horde Prime's consciousness has taken over Hordak's body.

Horde Prime starts to destroy everything but She-Ra shows up and saves the day.

Thoughts

There are some moments in this one too that reminded me of scenes from Star Wars movies. Shadow Weaver for instance gets to play Ben Kenobi although it wasn't exactly the same.

Queen Angella did not return. I honestly thought that she would.

I'm not crazy about this ending although I'm also not too surprised by how things played out. It is a little too neat and tidy for my tastes. Everything seems to work out in the end. Horde Prime just goes away, but not willingly. She-Ra waves her hands and her sword and everything changes. I didn't want a sad ending but the way this show wound down was a little too consequence free. I didn't really think I was going to find it satisfying. I don't hate it. I just feel kind of meh about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment