Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Atlanta 3.03

The Old Man and the Tree

Earn, Al, Darius, and Van go to a party in London. The host is a billionaire but the party is hidden in a building that looks really run down on the outside. There is a Nando's in the apartment. Earn sees Van pocketing a small sculpture. 

Alfred plays poker with Fernando and a couple of his friends. It cost 20K to buy into the game. Everything goes great. They are having a good time but then Alfred wins and Fernando ghosts him, doesn't pay him.

Earn gets approached about an investment opportunity. There's a Black artist in residence at Fernando's. One of Fernando's friends wants Earn to go in with him on an artist incubator. Earn has his doubts but he later comes around.

Darius meets am Asian woman who says something about race but not in an insulting way. Darius doesn't think anything of it. A White guy overhears the exchange and blows it way out of proportion. He starts telling everyone about it. Darius tries to defuse the situation but no one will accept what he has to say. The situation gets worse and worse.

Van's behavior seems odd to Earn. She pushes a couple people into a pool. He tries talking to her but she doesn't think she's acting strange.

Earn, Al, and Darious leave in a hurry after Al starts to cut down Fernando's tree. Van doesn't leave with them.

Thoughts

This is another episode that seems a bit like a weird trip. I like it. I'm not sure it all makes sense but I like all the little threads that are tied together to make it. I didn't see some of the twists coming. I don't know what is up with Van but I think something is up with her. Could it be the impact of what she witnessed in the previous episode. I don't think so but I don't know what it is.

I don't completely get this season but I like it. It makes me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment