Saturday, February 18, 2023

Hexed (1993)

Hexed (1993)

starring Ayre Gross, Claudia Christian, Adrienne Shelly
written and directed by Alan Spencer

90 minutes

Matthew Welsh (Ayre Gross) lies to Gloria (Adrienne Shelly), his co-worker at Holiday Palace, about a lot of things. His penchant for lying and his adversarial relationship with Simon, his boss, leads him to fake his way into a relationship with Hexina (Claudia Christian), a supermodel.

Matthew soon discovers that Hexina isn't all that she seems. She has some skeletons in her closet. She kills someone and gets Matthew, while he is still in shock at what he witnessed, help her to cover up the crime. She later plants evidence to point the finger at him.

Matthew is pushed to further extremes as the police investigation, led by Detective Ferguson (R. Lee Ermey), gets closer to arresting him.

Thoughts

Norman Fell has a small part in this movie as the manager of the hotel, Herschel Levine. He also had a small part in Charley Varrick (1973), which I just watched last night.

I first saw this movie in 1995. I'm not sure if I had seen it since then but it stuck with me. I've been wanting to watch it again and could not pass up the opportunity when I saw it was available on Tubi.

This movie is a mix of comedy and crime drama but it is mostly comedy. Everything doesn't work for me but I love the slapstick humor in it. I love the way the various jokes are layered in together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment