Saturday, February 11, 2023

Priceless (2006)

Priceless (2006)
aka Hors de prix

starring Audrey Tautou, Gad Elmahleh
directer by Pierre Salvadori

Irene seduces Jean thinking that he is rich when he is actually just an employee of the hotel where she is staying with Jacques, her much older boyfriend. Jacques dumps Irene when he finds out what she's been up to. Jean wants to continue what happened between them but he can't afford to do that. A chance encounter leads to him meeting Madeleine an older woman who is more than happy to help him out in return for his attention and affection.

Irene and Jean continue to cross paths. She helps him to up his game with Madeleine while she keeps Gilles, her new boyfriend happy.

Thoughts

This is not my kind of movie. I wanted to watch something French and this got decent marks on Amazon (4/5). I've enjoyed a couple other movies that Audrey Tautou was in (Amélie; He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not). Admittedly, it has been a long time since I saw either of those films. I stuck with Priceless hoping that something would change but it never grabbed me. I chuckled a few times but it wasn't enough to justify watching the movie. This is a swing and a miss for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment