Thursday, September 12, 2024

Arabesque (1966)

Arabesque (1966)

starring Gregory Peck, Sophia Loren
directed by Stanley Donen

105 minutes

Professor David Pollock (Gregory Peck) meets Yasmin Azir (Sophia Loren) while he is in the process of doing a favor for the prime minister of an unnamed Middle Eastern country. Both find themselves targeted for death by at least two different factions as they attempt to decrypt a coded message written in hieroglyphics.

Thoughts

The dialogue sounded very much like it was dubbed in. I think that this wasn't uncommon in this era but it was jarring to my ears.

This movie was more style than substance. I didn't care for most of the stylistic choices. It was very hard to make sense of it all or even the majority of it. This was very much a hard pass for me. I don't feel as if I got much of anything worthwhile by watching this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment