Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Batman: Caped Crusader 1.10

Savage Night

Barbara Gordon goes to some lengths to protect Harvey Dent. He tries to dissuade her, numerous times. Thorne sends two crooked cops to kidnap Dent and bring the former DA to him. Dent and Barbara Gordon interfere with those plans. Commissioner Gordon and Detective Montoya respond to Barbara's call for help, as does the Batman.

Everybody winds up on the docks on a foggy night. Barbara has handcuffed herself to Dent. He keeps asking her to let him go. He doesn't want to see her get hurt. He proves that at the cost of his own life, in the end.

Thoughts

This episode picks up where the last one leaves off. Even though it isn't advertised as such this episode and the previous one are basically a two-parter. 

This was another good one. The very ending made it feel like a season finale but other than that it was just another great, suspenseful episode of this series.

I stand by my earlier statement: the bar has been raised. This is probably my favorite animated series, ever. It is a sampler platter more than it is a full meal but I liked it, a lot. There is supposed to be another season. Hopefully that will also run on Amazon. Hopefully that will be a little more focused. It would be kind of cool if there was a couple longer episodes.

There's a Joker teaser at the end of this episode. I hope that Harley Quinzel returns next season. Will she cross paths with the Joker? I can't see her taking a back seat to anyone. Will Barbara Gordon remain a public defender or will she assume a costumed identity? I think she is great as is but I keep looking for hints that is going to start wearing a costume and fighting crime a la Batman. Will anything else happen with the four Robins in the next season? I'm not expecting it to but it might. I really hope that Catwoman returns next season. I'm curious about the Penguin but she isn't at or near the top of my list of characters that I want to see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment