Saturday, October 30, 2021

Call My Agent 1.02

Line et Françoise 

The principal partners at ASK deal with the aftermath of Samuel's death. Françoise Fabian, one of Samuel's clients, wants to back out of a movie that she is supposed to start shooting in three weeks. Andrea takes responsibility for trying to talk Françoise back in to doing the movie. Gabriel meets with Line Renaud, another actress of about the same age, and offers the role to her, without clearing it with the director.

Samuel's widow wants to sell her husband's controlling interest in the company. Mathias suggests that he and the other partners could buy it from her. Mathias is considerably richer than the others who have to scramble to find the money.

Andrea accuses Gabriel of stabbing her in the back. She also tries using some reverse psychology on Françoise. She finds out soon afterwards that the director has met with Line and is no longer interested in having Françoise star in his movie.

Hippolyte Rivière, one of ASK's clients, flirts with Camille. She is eventually charmed enough by him to out drinking with him. She winds up back at his place. She finds out the next day that he is Mathias's son. She had an affair with Mathias in the past and is worried that she slept with his son until Hippolyte reassures her that she passed out before anything could happen.

Samuel's body is buried. ASK has a reception after the funeral at the office. Line and Françoise exchange words. The director decides to use both of them in his movie.

Thoughts

This is a decent episode. I'm still not in love with this show. I catch myself trying to follow the dialogue in French but sometime it goes too fast and I miss things. I have the English subtitles turned on but I don't always read them. I did rewind a few times to try and figure out what I missed.

I think I am going to put this show aside. There are just four more episodes in this season but I'm not really crazy about anything in this show. It is well made and but it really doesn't speak to me. It gets a lot of praise but I'm not sure what earns it those accolades.

No comments:

Post a Comment