Sunday, October 31, 2021

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)

starring Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, Barry Bostwick
directed by Jim Sharman

Brad and Janet get engaged and go on a trip. They get a flat tire on a cold and rainy night. They walk through the rain to an old house. They just want to use the telephone but there are weird things going on in the house.

Thoughts

This was my first time watching the movie. I think I first heard about it in the mid-1980s. They used to show it at midnight on the weekends, IIRC. I'm not sure that I would have gotten any more out of it if I had seen it 30-35 years ago.

I didn't know what it was about but I was familiar with the Time Warp song. I wasn't terribly impressed with the movie. I think that it might be the sort of movie that grows on you with age and repeat viewings but I don't have any plans to watch it again. It also might help to be a little high or drunk while watching it.

I preferred the more energetic musical numbers. There wasn't any particular performance by any of the actors that stood out. The ending was like the rest of the movie, kind of strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment