Monday, October 18, 2021

Samurai Jack 4.X

Genndy's Roundtable
55 minutes

This is a special feature in the DVD set for season 4 of Samurai Jack. It is a roundtable discussion with show runner Genndy Tartakovsky and six of the artists who worked on the show. They introduce themselves and talk about some of the challenges and triumphs they experienced while working on the show. A scenes from a few episodes are shown in the course of telling stories about working on the show: Jack and the Three Blind Archers, Chicken Jack, Jack and the Rave, The Birth of Evil, Tale of X-49.

I met Andy Suriano, one of the artists, at Heroes Con several years ago. I bought a print from him of Jack and Aku which I still have.

I really like this feature. I don't recall if I had watched it before. It didn't drag in the least bit. It was fun to hear these artists talk about their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment