Thursday, November 18, 2021

Doctor Who (1963) 2.09.03

The Time Meddler
Part 3: A Battle of Wits

Vicki and Steven discover a secret passage which the Doctor must have used to escape from the monastery. They take the passage and find out where it leads. They don't find the Doctor but they do find a modern artillery piece along the top of a cliff.

The Doctor arrives back in the village. He has a chat with Edith who tells him that Vicki and Steven were there. He tells her about the Viking invasion and the Norman invasion before he returns to the monastery.

The Monk lets Wulnoth and Eldred into the monastery. He tends to Eldred's wounds but he is too weak to get very far so he stays there. Wulnoth returns to the village. 

The two Vikings who survived the fight in the previous episode argue about their best course of action. They decide to head to the monastery. Their plan is to hole up there until the Viking fleet arrives.

The Doctor tricks the Monk into letting him into the monastery. He convinces him that he has a rifle pointed at this back. The Doctor gets dressed in a monk's robe when the Vikings show up. The Vikings seem to have the upper hand but the Doctor and the Monk turn the tables on them.

Vicki and Steven return to the monastery through the secret passage. They are looking around the monastery when they discover that the monk has a TARDIS.

Thoughts

I didn't know all the details but I knew that the Monk was a timelord. I didn't realize that they would show the inside of his TARDIS. I really liked that scene for some reason, even though it didn't look much different than the Doctor's TARDIS.

My appreciation for this story grows the more I watch. It still isn't great. My expectations may have dipped a bit but I'm liking this story more than I did after the first or second episode. I feel more open to trying other 1st Doctor DVDs now.

No comments:

Post a Comment