Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Doctor Who (1963) 2.09.04

The Time Meddler
Part 4: Checkmate

Vicki and Steven explore the Monk's TARDIS. They find artwork and weapons from various eras. The Doctor talks to the Monk and learns his plan, to kill the Vikings before King Harold has to deal with them. His hope is that King Harold will be able to deal with William the Conqueror's invasion better if the Vikings are eliminated. The Monk takes the Doctor to see his TARDIS. Vicki and Steven are still exploring the TARDIS when the Doctor and the Monk arrive.

The Viking who was unconscious wakes up. He finds the other Viking and unties him. Together they look around the monastery. They arrive in the room where the Monk's TARDIS is located just as the Doctor and the Monk are exiting the machine. The Doctor, Vicki, and Steven get tied up. The Monk makes a deal with the Vikings.

Eldred leaves when he sees the Vikings. He returns to the village and tells Wulnoth and the others about the Vikings at the monastery. Wulnoth and Edith get the other villagers together and head for the monastery. They get there just in time to prevent the Monk and the Vikings from escaping. The Vikings get caught but the Monk gets away.

Edith finds the Doctor, Vicki, and Steven. She unties them and then heads back to the village. The Doctor messes with the Monk's TARDIS. The Doctor, Vicky, and Steven head back to the TARDIS and leave the 11th century.

Thoughts

This was a fun watch. I'm glad I checked it out and that I stuck with it. I wasn't so sure if I made a bad call after watching just part 1. I will have to watch more First Doctor stories. I have a short list of ones that I want to see but I think the Fourth Doctor will still be my preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment