Sunday, November 21, 2021

Cowboy Bebop (2021) 1.01

Cowboy Gospel

This series is based on the anime series of the same name that is over 20 years old. It is a live action version of the original/ There are a lot of similarities between the two. The opening scene and most of this episode and lifted from the anime series. This isn't much of a reimaging. It is more of a remake.

I had my doubts when I heard that Netflix was attempting a live action version of Cowboy Bebop. My hopes for the show rose when I saw the trailer. My hopes were dashed when I saw this episode. I didn't want or expect it to live up to the original. I was expecting something different. I was ready for it to be different. I wasn't ready for what I got.

I don't think I will be watching any more episodes of this series. I didn't get good feelings from it. Sometimes I don't love the first episode of a show but I get hints that there's something good coming. I didn't get that impression here. I will be curious to see how the critics respond and how it is received in general. It is almost parody level bad in my book.

I guess it's a good thing that I watched an episode myself before reading, hearing, or watching any reviews. I'm not happy with what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment