Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Knights of Sidonia 2.12

Decisive Battle

Part of the Crimson Hawksmoth works its way into the cockpit of Tanikaze's garde, the Tsugumori. It looks just like Hoshijiro. It almost gets him but Izana manages to activate some of the garde's systems. Tanikaze and destroys the Crimson Hawksmoth. The part that looks like Hoshijiro survives.

Hundreds of gaunas converge on the Tsugumori. Several of the Hayakaze attack ships arrive from Sidonia just in time to destroy the gaunas. Everyone returns to Sidonia. Life kind of returns to normal. Sidonia arrives at Planet 9. Nagate is given a medal for his actions. He goes exploring and returns to the place where he grew up.

Thoughts

I watched the extended version of this episode. They played the opening theme from the first season twice. Once during the big battle and then again at the end of the episode. Those were my favorite parts of the episode.

I get a little tired of the trope of the aliens that are cannon fodder. I also tire of the fights that seem lost until suddenly somehow the heroes pull through. Where did all those Hayakaze class ships come from? Why didn't they use them before?

I wish I liked this season more than I do. It just doesn't measure up to the potential of the first season.

I don't know what else to say. I don't see myself watching this show again. The animation is beautiful but the story and the characters leave me cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment