Saturday, October 22, 2022

Noir City DC 2022

Noir City DC 2022

This is the 3rd time I have gone to the Noir City Film Festival. The first time was in 2010. I saw one movie that year, Scarlett Street (1945). The second time was in 2018. I saw two movies that year, I Wake Up Screaming (1941) and Among the Living (1941).

I saw four movies this year:
My favorite of the four was Brute Force. The only one that I felt came up a bit short was Crossfire. I re-watched Born to Kill after I got home because I felt like I had missed something.

I should try to make it to this festival more frequently than I have in the past. I'm not sure that I will go to more movies than I did this year. It was possible to stay all day Fri-Sat-Sun, on two consecutive weeks and see all 28 films. That's too much for me. Four films is plenty. Maybe next year I will try to increase my intake to 5 or 6 films but I can't see going further than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment