Thursday, September 15, 2022

Abbott Elementary 1.01

Pilot

Janine is in her second year teaching at Abbott Elementary in Philadelphia, PA. She needs a new rug for her classroom because one of her students peed on the one she has.

Ava, the principal, gets some money for the school and spends it all on a new sign for the school.

Greg is hired to take the place of a teacher who was fired for hitting a student. He applied for the job of principal but Ava got it because she has connections and because she blackmailed someone in high places.

Jacob is the only remaining teacher who was hired at the same time as Janine.

Barbara and Melissa are the veteran teachers and considerably more jaded about the system and how it works.

Thoughts

There's a lot of great moments in this episode. Most of them are funny but there are also some serious ones that really work.

This was a pleasant surprise. I had heard good things about this show but I wasn't sure if it would speak to me. I was casting about for something to watch and I noticed that this is on Hulu. It was also on my radar because Sheryl Lee Ralph just won the Emmy for playing Barbara on this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment