Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Analyze That (2002)

Analyze That (2002)

starring Robert De Niro, Billy Crystal
directed by Harold Ramis

Paul Vitti (Robert DeNiro) gets out of prison early when he startes acting strange. He is released into the custody of Ben Sobel (Billy Crystal). Ben encourages Paul to get a regular job. Paul tries but can't stand any of the 9-to-5 jobs that he tries. He winds up working as a consultant to a TV show runner but Paul can't keep clean. Pretty soon he is planning a heist.

Thoughts

This feels like a sequel to Analyze This (1999) in some ways but in others it does not. The characters, the lead actors, and part of the supporting cast are the same but this isn't the all that similar to the prior movie.

There are a few laughs but they are few and far between. This movie feels all over the place in a way that the first one did not.

I watched the whole movie because I wanted to be able to say that I had watched it. It won't happen again if I have anything to do with it. Within the first 20 minutes I had serious doubts but I continued to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment