Sunday, September 18, 2022

Analyze This (1999)

Analyze This (1999)

Starring Robert De Niro, Billy Crystal
Directed by Harold Ramis

Paul Vitti (Robert De Niro) is a gangster who is experiencing panic attacks. He turns to Ben Sobel (Billy Crystal), a psychiatrist, for help. Ben really doesn't want to help but Paul is persistent. He follows Paul down to Miami and interferes with his wedding to Laura MacNamara (Lisa Kudrow). He follows Paul back to New York City.

The FBI gets involved. They want Ben to find out where a big gangster meeting will be taking place. He tries to help out but ultimately he decides he can't do it and removes the wire they put on him.

Paul stars to feel better but things don't really come together until the end of the movie.

Thoughts

I saw this movie in the theater when it first came out. I don't recall watching it since, prior to today. 

I remember really enjoying this movie the first time around. It might have been the first time I saw De Niro playing a role for laughs. I don't recall but I might have seen Midnight Run before I saw Analyze This.

I enjoyed this movie. It wasn't quite as momentously funny as I remembered it being. It does have some great moments and great scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment