Sunday, November 15, 2020

#blackAF 1.02

because of slavery too

Kenya and Joya go to a concert. They do some molly before they go to the concert. They are the oldest people there. They run into their daughter Chloe at the concert. Drea is there filming it all on her phone. Kenya is the one who spots Chloe at the party amd confronts her. Joya is too busy partying and she's the one who got Chloe and her friend tickets to the show.

Thoughts

I think I thought I understood what to expect from this show but I don't. I feel like there are references that are just going over my head. Some things go by so fast that I don't know what happened. I'm having a hard time getting a grip on it. I think the way it is shot and the number of characters has something to do with that. 

Pops is my favorite character. He's in his own little world. I can dig that. I also loved some of the looks that Drea gave the camera while they were at the concert.

I don't understand the romance that surround drugs and alcohol. There's a bit of that in this episode. I think maybe if I did I might have got a bit more out of this one.

I think Drea is the oldest and Chloe is next oldest but I'm not sure.

I'm not ready to give up just yet but I didn't love this episode. I preferred the first one. I think I know not to expect that the next episode is going to speak to me. It might but after this one I'm not going to expect that it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment